I thought I would do a blog about what I consider to be the most important tips for losing weight or maintaining your current weight….I understand there are plenty more really great tips and tricks out there but these are the ones that I think are the 15 most important ones!
So, in no particular order of importance, here they are:
- Drink at least 2 – 3 litres of water per day;
- Eat regularly – every 2.5 – 3 hours is ideal;
- Get a good night’s sleep every night (if possible!);
- Try not to stress – it produces a hormone which makes your body store fat, particularly around the stomach region;
- Portion control – do not eat huge meals; smaller, more regular meals are far better;
- Eat a decent breakfast;
- Eat 4 – 6 cups of vegetables every day;
- Exercise every day – It can be any form of exercise: be creative and get that body moving;
- Be positive- happy, healthy mind breeds positivity and success;
- Set goals, write them down and put them where you can see them. Find what motivates you, this is different for everyone – For me, it is definitely my family;
- Try to incorporate some resistance/strength training into your exercise regime – this will help you burn calories at rest – If you need ideas, check out my facebook page where I regularly post workouts which incorporate both cardio and resistance training (https://www.facebook.com/exquisitefitnessbrisbane)
- Reward yourself with non-food treats when you reach mini-milestones – new clothes, massage, etc
- If you have a blow-out – accept it and move on – Do not let it spiral into an all-day or even all-week binge!
- Don’t be hard on yourself – Instead of berating yourself and viewing your body in a negative way, find the positives, congratulate yourself on what you have achieved so far and keep things in perspective – “Rome wasn’t built in a day”;
- Do not weigh yourself every day – once a week is plenty if you must; measurements and the fit of your clothes are far more accurate indicators…
So, there they are! I hope this helps and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.